Thanks! I've never noticed that setting. While changing that setting didn't work, I'm going to try rebooting the server later to see if that's needed to get the setting to work.

I'm running v16.3 Mac on server and client.

Two Way Communications via 4D_Tech <mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
May 20, 2018 at 11:11 AM
Hi,

Check under the ‘Edit’ menu: ‘Database settings’
Then select the ‘Interface’ tab

In the middle of the window, you will see the shortcuts that are being used for accepting and canceling input forms.

Regards,

Rudy Mortier
Two Way Communications bvba

FAQ: http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive: http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Unsub: mailto:4d_tech-unsubscr...@lists.4d.com
Sannyasin Siddhanathaswami <mailto:sid...@hindu.org>
May 20, 2018 at 10:06 AM
Aloha,

I'm playing with the "proper" way to open up a form. Here's what I have:
Open form window([ARInvoice_Payments];"Invoice_Payment_List";Plain form window;On the left;Vertically centered)
    DIALOG([ARInvoice_Payments];"Invoice_Payment_List")

It works fine, but if a user presses "Enter" the window closes. I actually want "Return" and "Enter" to activate a search button. But that doesn't happen either.

If I make the search button the search button, the default button, that traps the "Return" key from closing the window.

An invisible button to trap the "Enter" key doesn't work.
Assigning a shortcut of "Enter" to my search button doesn't work

Am I missing something simple?