Hello,

thank you for the component!

The only thing I´m missing is the "Print the pdf" ?
Is there a way to print the displayed PDF-File?

Thank you in advance.

Axel Kohlepp

Jeffrey Kain via 4D_Tech schrieb:
Hey everyone,

I've created a component and small demo database that lets you use the open
source Mozilla PDFjs framework to display PDFs in a web area without using a
plug-in. The PDFs are rendered entirely in JavaScript code and does not require
anything extra -- no plug-ins in 4D or your browser. It's compatible with 4D
32-bit as well as High Sierra. It's pretty cool.

It's supposed to work with Windows on systems with IE versions > 9 installed, but so far
I haven't been able to make it work, but I have a very limited test bed of Windows machines
to work with. The component and demo are written in 4D v15, and I've included the uncompiled
component. The only platform-specific code is in the demo -- the button "Open PDF in
Default App" uses AppleScript -- again, there's not much Windows availability here, so
I cheated just to get this posted.

The PDFjs framework itself is slightly modified - it removes a few buttons from
the viewer toolbar that crashed 4D (it's located in the Resources folder inside
the component package). But that functionality can be replaced in your 4D form
as in the demo. You can print a draft-quality PDF by right-clicking in the web
area. A high quality print can be obtained by using the button to save a copy
of the PDF or to open it in the default app. You could also script Preview to
print it, as well as write scripts to send the PDF to Mail as an attachment.

I'll put this on GitHub eventually. In the meantime I'll take any improvements
you folks can contribute (just email me).

Hope you like it!

Download from my OneDrive:

        https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akpn2ti2N9ePuQFPa0jiG91YjE2z

--