primary keys in 4D (v14 or later)
are only used as the definitive record identifiers for a very limited set of
built-in features

journaling/mirroring
SQL (replication/synchronisation in particular)
4D Mobile/ORDA

unless you are using it for journaling or SQL or ORDA,
they are not primary keys as far as 4D is concerned,
just index keys.

for instance, you can define composite indexes for a combination of compatible
fields.

http://doc.4d.com/4Dv15/4D/15.6/Creating-and-modifying-indexes.300-3836648.en.html
http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16.3/CREATE-INDEX.301-3652065.en.html

2018/05/29 14:47、Steve Slanec via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com<mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>> のメール:

How does one define alternate compound keys in 4D v16?

For instance, let’s say I have a customer table with a UUID as its primary key,
but more “user friendly” alternate compound keys such as first and last name,
or last name and street address.  Do I need to create my own “data dictionary”
to support alternate keys, or is there some built in mechanism?