not exactly..  :)
I have component which has 4D code which wraps the Progress component,
this did 2 things for me
- I had existing code for thermometers & barber poles, so I just used
those method calls to manage Progress and id not have to go back
through lots of code to change calls, method names etc.
- I have a component, in which I put up a progress indicator (barber
pole in this specific instance). The wrapper code, mentioned above, for
Progress is included in the component.  I do not have a specific
wrapper component for Progress.

Also, I think I have figured out the issue, what I was not aware of was
in this context, Progress is trying to use the Host database context
for the User close action callback, rather then the context of the
component in which Progress was called/instansiated.
So, I will need to either, install the call back method into the host,
or modify my Progress init routine to allow a passthrough Host user
close callback method name.

Thanks for the help
Chip

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:48:37 +0000, Keisuke Miyako via 4D_Tech wrote:
> you are working on a component that "wraps" around another component?
>
> just as a reminder,
> the progress component is open-source since v16,
> partners have ways to customise and distribute them.
>
>> 2018/06/11 23:21、Chip Scheide via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com> の
>> メール:
>> In component (wrappers for progress methods including):

Gas is for washing parts
Alcohol is for drinkin'
Nitromethane is for racing