Our server (macOS 10.11, 4D 16.3 HF3 64-bit) hit this bug again last week after
being up for about 22 days. There are 2 separate processes that run
periodically, both at the same time stopped waking from DELAY PROCESS. The
Server window also was not showing the 4D username in the user list, although
IP, machine name, and login date/time were displayed.

A watchdog process would have to run continuously to avoid being delayed at the
time when delay timers die. Sucking up that much cpu just to try to be notified
of a bug that occurs every few weeks doesn’t seem like a great solution. Also,
because these methods use plugins and probably Begin/End SQL blocks, I can’t
run them preemptively to see if preemptive threads have the same problem with
DELAY PROCESS.

Jim Crate