Interesting ...
Suppose I wanted to add a function to my 4D app to allow end-users to
create new tables. This presumably could be accomplished using XML and
METHOD SET CODE.
Now, we release a program update. Any tables added by the end-user could be
recovered using GET MISSING TABLE NAMES and REGENERATE MISSING TABLE.
If tables have been added to the structure, the recovered tables will have
new table numbers. Is that how it works? IE the tables are recovered by
name, not number. (I ran into problems with this when upgrading an older
database).

I will experiment with this but it would be helpful to know if others have
done it and what your experience was - did it work OK, any gotchas?
Pat

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 at 21:58, John DeSoi via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> Pat,
>
> Not in the XML, but you could import the table structure (with trigger
> properties enabled) and then set the trigger code using METHOD SET CODE. My
> approach would be to enable all the trigger properties even if there is not
> an immediate need to have a trigger. I don't think there is any other way
> to set the table trigger properties once the table is created. I don't
> believe there is any performance penalty unless the trigger method is
> defined for the table.
>
> John DeSoi, Ph.D.
>

> > On Jun 23, 2018, at 3:14 PM, Pat Bensky via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
> >
> > John,
> > Can you set the trigger code that way as well (using XML)?
> > Pat

CatBase - Top Dog in Data Publishing
tel: +44 (0) 207 118 7889
w: http://www.catbase.com