Hi Chip,

Try defining the filter using the following pattern:

1) first character is the tilde character; then
2) starting quote character (escaped); then
3) allowed characters in filter, separated with semicolons; then
4) ending double quote character (escaped).

The following example allows only:

1) uppercase A thru Z; and
2) space; and
3) carriage return.

Call on form load event:
---
C_TEXT($filter_t)
$filter_t:="~\"A-Z; ;"+Char(Carriage return)+"\""
OBJECT SET FILTER(*;"objNameOfTextBox";$filter_t)
—

Does this work for you?

- Jeremy French