keep in mind that the effect of "1" (use SSL) has been adjusted over the years.

in v12.1, when SSL was first introduced, it simply meant "SMTP over SSL" a.k.a.
implicit SSL.

this is the kind SSL that is considered "less secure", for example by Google,
where the user must explicitly turn on "access for less secure apps".

v13.2 extended the "use SSL" option,
where 0 (previously "don't use SSL") is now STARTTLS, a.k.a. explicit SSL.
the plugin will automatically switch to SSL when requested by the server.

"1" (SMTP over SSL) is kept for compatibility.
the plugin will NOT switch to SSL in response to the STARTTLS command.

2018/06/29 16:53、jarosz via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com<mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>> のメール:
$error:=SMTP_Send ($smtp_id;1)  // to force use of ssl?
It's when I do this that I get the timeout error and no send.