We track certain events and send information about them an anonymized to our
server.

We focus on functions that are candidates for removal or functions where we
would like to know how heavily they are being used.

We also track, when users update our software and when they update their
licenses.

The application our users are using is the same we use inhouse so we basically
added some features that are available only internally.

We use 4DACTION to send JSON to our server.

We use a table with some metadata and an object field that contains all the
event-specific information. This way, we never need to modify the design of the
tracking table.

We also locally store the event information in our user's database to give full
transparency on what we transfer to our server.

Anonymity is key - we do not transfer any personal data without our user's
consent.

Cheers,
Tilman