Pat:

I was a lot of work. Especially going through a large application and changing
it all over. We got forced into it by regulation of supporting different date
formats across different government regulatory regions. So we decided to just
do it the flexible way and provide many more features than needed. I noticed
when training new users how I felt  the relief on not having to continually
remind them of the date format.

Now with our new business, most certainly starting over with our shell and
having this from the beginning of each new project is much easier.

Jody