unless you were specifically asked to convert subtables,
I think it would be best to not care about them and focus on converting
pictures.

as long as you keep the virtual subtable structure "as is" and never touch them,
your subtable commands will continue to work in your methods
and your list sub-tables will continue to display your sub-selections in your
forms.
(just make sure the data source table actually references your sub-table
fields, not the real tables).

transition from sub-tables to related tables take a lot of commitment,
to replace commands one by one and modify forms one by one,
and to finally "cut" the virtual subform link which is an irreversible
procedure.

the best outcome would be for you to end up where you started except you are
using regular tables.
the would be no practical value for the end user (other than may SQL
connectivity to sub records import/export).

you are already on v17,
so the debate should be whether to stick with subtables or reengineer the whole
thing using ORDA.

2018/07/16 8:40、Chuck Miller via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com<mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>>のメール:

I have a situation I have not encountered and am stumped. I have been asked by
a person to upgrade pictures in a v17 db. When I open the structure, I still
see subtables there. I also see the tables that have been created as part of
conversion. What gives? The new tables appear to be there. I am not sure what
to do now.