Tim Nevels:

> Orphaned blobs are not serious. They are due to a bug in 4D. It’s not really
> corruption. It’s just some blobs — the ones attached to blob fields that you
> have set to store the blob outside the record but in the data file — are
> hanging around in the data file and they are not attached to any records.
> They are like crumbs laying on the floor. If you don’t mind a little dirt on
> the floor no big deal. If you like a clean floor, then you want to remove
> those unused and unneeded orphan blobs.
>
> I certainly hope 4D has fixed the bug that caused these orphan blobs to
> appear.

Similar problem here. From time to time when I check with MSC I get a message
about orphaned blobs.
I went the compact way and the blobs were gone, but popped up again some weeks
later.
Funny thing is: that table does not even HAVE a blob field. Go figure...
Now I just ignore those errors but still hope that 4D will find and fix it.
I prefer a datafile that comes out "clean" when I check with MSC.

Greetings from Germany,
Bernd Fröhlich