with the auto many to one
I would *expect* the selection in the one table to be changed, after
running a query on the many table. I would also expect that the one
table record would be the one (in the one to many) of the first record
in the many.

I am not sure as I do not use Query by formula often, and it could
depend on the formula too, but there may not be a current record in the
many table, and so the one table selection is cleared since there is
nothing to auto relate.

A simple solution would be to turn auto off, then you have control of
what is loaded and when - although you know that.

On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 17:46:04 -0500, Richard Wright via 4D_Tech wrote:

> The current record and entire selection of the One table is lost. You
> don’t even need step 2. Just run Query By Formula on the Many table.
> Even though the formula has nothing in it that touches the One table,
> the One table’s selection is cleared. It works fine in standalone.
Gas is for washing parts
Alcohol is for drinkin'
Nitromethane is for racing