Hi Folks,

More than 80% of my development effort is spent using client server.  The main
system I work on these days had 10 years development before I got involved so
although I have been working on the code for nearly as long I still have to use
Find in Design daily.  Lets face it we all need it in systems large and small.

So imagine my horror when I am seeing searches which would take several seconds
to complete in v15 taking several minutes to complete in v17.  This will mean
more cups of tea, followed by more trips to the toilet and overall reduced
productivity.

It is probably time someone at 4D optimised this to run the find at server and
return the results.  My question here though is are you seeing this too or is
there something else at play that I can affect?

Regards,  Dougie

telekinetix Limited- J. Douglas Cryer
Phone : 01234 761759  Mobile : 07973 675 218
2nd Floor Broadway House, 4-6 The Broadway, Bedford MK40 2TE
Email : jdcr...@telekinetix.com  Web : http://www.telekinetix.com
<http://www.telekinetix.com/>