I think you are referring to ACI0096897 which is described as standard
behaviour, that is,
expected result according to design.

FTP_GetDirList uses the 'LIST' request.
When optionnal output parameter if provided to get timestamps, it sends an
'MTDM' request for each file of the directory.
(and not the 'MLSD' request of RFC 3659)

the result is that FTP_receive returns error 10048 on certain servers, since
15.4 (was ok until 15.3)
the workaround is to
a: not provide last optional array for timestamps in FTP_GetDirList,
or
b: call  FTP_Login again after FTP_GetDirList

the fact that the bug is considered standard behaviour,
speaks for itself about the level of enthusiasm to maintain the product.

in fairness, it is legacy software, free to use and not part of the main
product line.

of course. that is not a good enough excuse,
but I wanted to mention it as a weak explanation.