On Sep 24, 2018, at 9:44 AM, Two Way Communications via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> $page:=New object("objects";New object("myListBox";$obj)) $form:=New
> object(“pages";New collection(Null;$page))
>
> $form:=New object("windowTitle";"Select a
> Map:";"windowMinWidth";500;"windowMinHeight";300;"pages";New
> collection(Null;$page))
>
> Now, this dynamic form only shows a listbox, and I want to add a button to
> the form. I assume this button object has to be added to the ‘Objects’ object
> in $page.

Yes, each object on the page is represented by the unique name you give it,
then the the page is part of a collection of pages for the form. Something like

$oPage:=New object
$oPage.myButton:=$oButton1
$oPage.myListbox:=$oListbox

$oForm.pages:=New collection
$oForm.pages[1]:=New object
$oForm.pages[1].objects:=$oPage

Your code will be more readable and maintainable if you write methods to
generate each object type.

> Secondly, the listbox displays an entity selection. How do I get the row
> number that has been selected?

You specify the currentItemSource property for the dynamic listbox. I use Form
and specify a property based on the object name like this:

$form:=Command name(1466)+"."  //Form command

$0:=New object
$0.type:="listbox"
$0.listboxType:="collection"

$0.currentItemSource:=$form+$name+"__currentItem"
$0.currentItemPositionSource:=$form+$name+"__currentItemPosition"
$0.selectedItemsSource:=$form+$name+"__selectedItems"

John DeSoi, Ph.D.