Pat Bensky writes:

>The only thing I'm not sure about is how various time zones change in their
>relationship to GMT (eg Summer Time etc.) For example if Country A is
>normally on GMT -8 but they're currently on Summer Time so 7AM in that
>time zone is CurrentHourGMT-8+1, how do we account for that?

Ya gotta have a database and you gotta maintain it, because the rules change
for a range of reasons. This takes me back to my programming infancy in 1988
when I created a Hypercard stack that was filled with all the countries and
major cities of the world. I'm a geography fan, so I thoroughly enjoyed do the
research (pre-internet). You entered your local time and selected the
city/country you wanted to know the time in and it would look it up and display
it. The stack was called "What Time?" and it got an award from the Boston
Computer Society. I distributed it as shareware (remember that concept?) and I
sold about 10 licenses. Even got an order from Switzerland. Fulfillment was by
mail.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Sorry for the diversion.

Tom Benedict
Optum