Background
- I use 2 tables to manage listboxes.
- I am on an entry form, which includes a selection listbox.
- I am trying to display, in a dialog (Mac so a type 34 sheet window),
a different listbox (array) to allow the user to make a selection.

before the below code executes, the current selection of
[listbox_table] reflects the definition for selection listbox
displaying on the current entry form (ID 1327).

I make this call : arylstbx_Setup ("lb_Display_Choices";"Choose_Item")
In the above call there are these lines of code:
  //gets base info for listbox description
QUERY([List_Box_Table];[List_Box_Table]Listbox_Name=$Listbox_Name;*)
QUERY([List_Box_Table]; & ;[List_Box_Table]Primary_Use=$Primary_Use)

$Listbox_Name = $1 = lb_Display_Choices
Primary_Use = $2 = Choose_Item

Results:
- after the Query, the current record has not changed!
- If I issue an Unload record (in debugger) before the query, no record
is loaded
- in 'user' environment' the same query locates, and loads a different
record (ID 1505).

State:
in transaction [Listbox_Table] is read only & Locked
all actions are occurring inside the same transaction.

My thoughts and attempts to resolve:
- entry form listbox was doing some sort of background query on
[listbox_table] during on display detail, so I set the listbox
invisible before opening the type 34 dialog window. -- no effect.
- I have put traces in the code for the listbox and the form  to see if
something is running and changing the selection of the [listbox_table]
table - noting is running.
- all of the code for the dialog is 'linear' to the entry form, i.e.
the dialog is opened inside the same process and same transaction so -
conceptually - no other code should be running to change the selection
in the [listbox_table]
- relations - only one relation, completely manual.

and ideas?
sorry for wall of text

Chip
Gas is for washing parts