I decided to control which menu bar is active in a process ‘programmatically’
and it doesn’t work.

Each window is opened in its own process. I have done this for years. It
guaranteed a unique ‘variable space’ for each window.

I formerly had the habit of assigning an “Associated Menu Bar” to each form
because that seemed the only way to guarantee a menu bar would work.

Recently — now that I am using v17 — I decided to clear out the ‘Associated
Menu Bar’ value so I could control which menu bar is active programatically.
This is because I want the menu bar to depend upon the level of the user.

Currently, I have a ‘DesignerBar’ and a ‘DispatcherBar’. These both work great
if ‘Associated Menu Bar’ is used.

However, when it is not, 4D totally ignores any menu choice made until the
window [in its own process] is closed.

——

in the Form’s ON LOAD event, I am calling    SET MENU BAR(1) or (2). using
(1;*) or (2;*) does not help.

The correct menu bar is used, but not a single option on it works — UNTIL THE
WINDOW IS CLOSED!

Seems like an atrocious bug.

Any suggestions?

Should have been very simple, but...