From:   Sandor Szatmari <s...@infoplusonline.com>
 To:   4D iNug Technical <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
 Cc:   Tim Nevels <timnev...@mac.com>
 Sent:   11/11/2018 9:57 AM
 Subject:   Re: Forms Stop Receiving Certain Events

 From:   Tim Nevels via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
 To:   <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
 Cc:   Tim Nevels <timnev...@mac.com>
 Sent:   11/9/2018 11:04 AM

On Nov 9, 2018, at 9:47 AM, Sandor Szatmari wrote:

> I’m glad to learn that.  However, the way our backups are configured I only
> see 4BL (the log) and and 4BK (the data) files.  Looks like I need to learn
> more about the backup configuration process.  What is the recommended way to
> configure backups so that I would have access to these individual files?  Or,
> are they accessible individually during the restore process from the 4BK
> file?  Also, if there is any good reading on this you could point me too,
> It’d be appreciated.  Thanks for your response, very helpful indeed!

Sorry, forgive the previous errant send... here's the complete post:

I followed the path within the database's preferences and the checkbox for
"Structure File" is checked off.  However, the only files produced by 4D during
the backup process are the 4BL and 4BK files.  My only thought is that the 4BK
file contains the structure file.  We are running v15 R5 but the database
itself has been around for a very long time;  15+ years.  Perhaps this is
legacy behavior that is due to database's age/history?

I will try experimenting with a restore on an offline machine.  If I am missing
the structure file and can't restore that would be a problem.  I seriously
don't think there's a problem.  We have restored to offline machines for
testing in the past but that was many software releases ago.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Sandor Szatmari

Senior Software Developer
Bristol Capital Inc. - InfoPlus
201 746 7215
www.infoplusonline.com

There is a checkbox in Backup -> Configuration called “Structure File”. Check
that box and it will backup the .4DB file. You might also consider adding to
the “Attachments” area the .4Dindy file, “Components” folder, “Plugins” folder,
and “Resources” folder to the backup. That gives you a complete snapshot of
what it takes to restore a 4D structure file. You need all these pieces.

Tim

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions
785-749-3444
timnev...@mac.com

Unsub:  mailto:4d_tech-unsubscr...@lists.4d.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email (and any related attachments) contains
information from InfoPlus (a service of Bristol Capital, Inc.). It is intended
only for the addressee and may contain information that is confidential and/or
otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient or are acting as agent for the intended recipient, any use
or disclosure of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately to arrange for the
appropriate method of returning or disposing of the communication. If our
respective Companies have confidentiality provisions in effect, this email and
the materials contained herein are deemed CONFIDENTIAL and should be treated
accordingly unless expressly provided otherwise.