Using v17, Mac

I have an enterable field on a form. The user can right-click on it and
select an action such as "Select a picture" from a dynamic popup menu.

The code that runs:

tEditText:=""

*PicturePathSelect* (->tEditText) // choose a pic, copy pathname to
tEditText

*SET TEXT TO PASTEBOARD*(tEditText)

*INVOKE ACTION*(ak clear)

*INVOKE ACTION*(ak paste)
If I put a trace on the last line of this code and then step through that
line, then press F5, it works as expected: the picture pathname is copied
into the selected field.
If I don't trace through it, this simply does not work. The field is no
longer the active object and the text hasn't been copied into it.

I also tried

*POST KEY*(*Character code*("v");Command key mask;tEditText)
instead of *INVOKE ACTION*(ak paste)
but that doesn't work either.

Is there something else I need to do to get this to work?

Pat

CatBase - Top Dog in Data Publishing
tel: +44 (0) 207 118 7889
w: http://www.catbase.com