Hi Robert,

You worry too much. Orphaned methods are nothing to lose sleep over.  It’s just
a 4D bug in how it handles deleting methods connected to objects.  It does a
less than perfect job of handling this. Sometimes it does it right, sometimes
it screws up. Been this way for years in untold number of 4D versions.

My philosophy is that when I see references to orphaned methods I simply delete
them and move on. I don’t even give it a second thought.

There is a line from an old Chicago song “you learn to live with it... but I
don’t want to” that really sums it up for me. :)

Tim

Sent from my iPad