Walt,

Sorry - haven't been reading the NUG for a couple of weeks -- did you ever solve this issue?

I had something very similar a few months back with v16 and a client who had upgraded his machine to High Sierra -- suddenly the app stopped working in a very similar way.

>From memory we had to recompile the app to 64-bit because the machine was running with an SSD (instead of a standard hard disk), and when the OS update was installed it converted the file system on the SSD to Apple File System (*APFS*) -- from our testing this was not 32-bit compatible and we were getting 'Can't open database "DatabaseName.4DC"' errors.

Cheers, Allan Udy Golden Micro Solutions Ltd, Blenheim, New Zealand http://www.golden.co.nz<http://www.golden.co.nz>

4d_tech-requ...@lists.4d.com wrote on 6/11/18 1:36 AM:
From: Walt Nelson<walt.nel...@gmail.com>
To: Dani Beaubien via4D_Tech<4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
Subject:4D  v16.4 Built database won't open in Mojave

I have built a stand-alone Application v16.4 database on a Mac OS machine
running High Sierra (10.13.6).

I successfully create an empty datafile and run it on the same High Sierra
(10.13.6) machine.

I transfer the entire stand-alone built database to a laptop running Mojave
(10.14).

When opening that database, I get the following error: ‘You cannot open this
database because the data file (or one of its segments) is locked.’ with an OK
button.

Click OK. Get a runtime error showing:

Error    Can't open database “DatabaseName.4DC".

Error code: -10509
Can't open database "DatabaseName.4DC".
component: '4DRT'
task -1, name: 'Application process’