I'm not familiar with Django, but here are some suggestions after a quick look
at their API. They show an examples here with curl.

https://www.django-rest-framework.org/tutorial/quickstart/

https://www.django-rest-framework.org/api-guide/authentication/

If you run these adding the --verbose option you should be able to get an
accurate picture of what is sent and received. From there you can probably
figure out what is going wrong with your 4D implementation.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.