Hi Everyone,

I'm confounded by a SOAP service that returns a binary (for a PDF file) -
I'm not able to figure out how to save it as a proper PDF document that
Acrobat understands.

I get a SOAP response like (the binary was abridged for readability):

 <ns1:getObjectFileResponse xmlns:ns1="http://DefaultNamespace";
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/
"><getObjectFileReturn xmlns:soapenc="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xsi:type="soapenc:base64Binary">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</getObjectFileReturn></ns1:getObjectFileResponse>

However, when I take the binary and save it to a file, I can't open it
with Adobe PDF reader; it says the file is corrupted.

I'm thinking that I need to call CONVERT FROM TEXT to somehow change the
encoding, but I've tried several of the obvious ones (?ISO-8859-1?;
"UTF-8", "UTF-16"; "UTF-32"; "US-ASCII") without any luck.

DOM GET XML ELEMENT VALUE($aNodeRefsArr{1};$Value)  //this contains the
payload I want
$DocName:="C:\\TEMP\\OUTPUT.PDF"
TEXT TO DOCUMENT($DocName;$Value;"US-ASCII")`?ISO-8859-1?; "UTF-8",
"UTF-16"; "UTF-32"; "US-ASCII" - none create a document that I can open
with Acrobat

Thoughts?

Many thanks!

Bob Miller
Chomerics, a division of Parker Hannifin Corporation

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or privileged. It
only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of conducting business with
Parker. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and then delete the information from your system.
Thank you for your cooperation."