Hi All,
I've been struggling to understand why 4D (v13 or v15 mac or pc) is not reading
a (supposed to be)
Soap message, which is send by a ElectricCar Charge station (acting as a soap
client) to a processing unit acting as a soap-server (4D).

  problem:
    I am not able to 'receive' the Soap message, 4D is not reacting.

With a program called "ComCap" running on a laptop in W7, I can 'capture' the
first soap
message coming from the client (charge station) during boot-time,
but 4D is not reacting on that msg at all, not with a trace in the   -On Web
Authentication- method.
I cannot determine IF 4D is getting this and secondly HOW to determine it's
sending
me a "BootNotification" -request (understand/decypher what request) is coming
in.  There can be many.

I have gone thru all the pages of the book : The 4Th Dimension-Web Services
Companion by David Adams (excellent book)
however I would have likened to see more complete examples.  I understand,
mundane for the writer but indispensable to the student.

but have not been able to make this incoming msg to 'receive', mostly because
the topic is
new and unfamiliar.  although I have done some limited work using Soap before
but that was all 4D, server and client.

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope";
xmlns:ns="urn://Ocpp/Cs/2012/06/">
<soap:Header xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing";>
  <wsa:Action soap:mustUnderstand="1">/BootNotification</wsa:Action>
  <ns:chargeBoxIdentity>CBI-0e1c000aaaa1</ns:chargeBoxIdentity>
</soap:Header>

<soap:Body>
  <ns:bootNotificationRequest>
     <ns:chargePointVendor>SETEC POWER Co.,Ltd</ns:chargePointVendor>
     <ns:chargePointModel>CPM CHADEMO AND CCS</ns:chargePointModel>
     <ns:chargePointSerialNumber>CPSN SETECCHADEMO CCS CONTROL
01</ns:chargePointSerialNumber>
     <ns:chargeBoxSerialNumber>CBSN SETEC CHADEMO CCS CONTROL
01</ns:chargeBoxSerialNumber>
     <ns:firmwareVersion>1.0</ns:firmwareVersion>
  </ns:bootNotificationRequest>
 </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>
this is how the manual says the message is formed:
<s:complexType name="BootNotificationRequest">
  <s:annotation>
   <s:documentation>Defines the BootNotification.req PDU</s:documentation>
  </s:annotation>
   <s:sequence>
    <s:element name="chargePointVendor" type="tns:ChargePointVendor"
minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
    <s:element name="chargePointModel" type="tns:ChargePointModel"
minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
    <s:element name="chargePointSerialNumber"
type="tns:ChargePointSerialNumber" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
    <s:element name="chargeBoxSerialNumber" type="tns:ChargeBoxSerialNumber"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
    <s:element name="firmwareVersion" type="tns:FirmwareVersion" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1"/>
  </s:sequence>
</s:complexType>
I created a Soap call for testing using 4D as a client and another copy of 4D
as the server that works ok
and the header I see is completely different than what I caught with ComCap, so
I have no clue
how to otherwise 'capture' the incoming messages if 4D is not reacting to the
first.

ip's are correct, DNS are correct, I can ping the ip-address of the charging
station.
Soap by
Connection: Close