SET PRINT OPTION(Destination option;2;$pdfpath)

“2” seems to do a print preview.

😊

David Ringsmuth

From: David Ringsmuth
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 9:32 AM
To: 4D iNug Technical
Subject: Write Pro print preview

4D v17 R2 32bit and 64bit
Windows 10 (current)

At first and sometimes while using different features, I get a print preview.

But now I mostly get a Save File dialog when executing WP Print.

$pdfprintername:="Microsoft Print to PDF"
…
SET CURRENT PRINTER($pdfprintername)
SET PRINT OPTION(Destination option;3;$pdfpath)// pdfpath is a valid path to
the temporary folder and a unique new file name.
SET PRINT PREVIEW(True)
WP USE PAGE SETUP($WP_Area_ob)
WP PRINT($WP_Area_ob;wk html wysiwyg)

Amazingly when using the library toolbar for WP, there is a “Print Preview”
button with a “Standard Action” of “Print” that does a print preview. So the
form’s sub-form standard action of “print” does a print preview? Yup.

I need it to always work correctly.

Please help!

Thanks!

David Ringsmuth