Using 4D v15.6 on pc W7

Made a small program, no fields are used, no tables are used or present
all memory based and there is a “datafile” because 4D requires that.

When running during interpreted and compiled, and open 1 particular file, using
cmd “open document”
there is no error message and 4D “opens” the file, and every things works as
designed.

But when I run that same program, as stand-alone, the file is NOT opened
because of the following message:
-The path name is invalid-   File not found  with error message#: -43  File not
found.

The file path is obtained by doing a drag and drop on an area,
the cmd: $DocPath_t:=Get file from pasteboard(1)

some validation….

then I use:
$tDocRef:=Open document($DocPath_t;”*";Read mode)

this is the point when I get the “file not found” error message.

wrote this little program in 2 hours but
I’ve spend 8 hours reading up on this single issue, changed to read-write etc.
etc.
But now I don’t know how to proceed.

Can anyone have any pointers to why this is happening.

path is the same in every situation, I put the path in a text variable to be
displayed on screen
and there is no difference in the path, even after the error, the same path
(info) is shown in the variable.

what am I missing….. ?

greetings

ernie hilgers(aruba)