Has anyone implemented version control with 4D methods and forms?  I am not
that experienced with 4D administration so some guidance would be greatly
appreciated.  I am familiar with Subversion so once I get the files exported I
can take it from there.

I read this Tech Note: https://kb.4d.com/assetid=76559 and the attached
documentation.
I also found on GitHub: https://github.com/4D/vc-framework-v14
I also found on GitHub: https://github.com/elutz/vc-framework-v17

For the 4D Tech Note: (method export only I believe)
1.  I'm running v15R5 would this work for me?
2.  The documentation says install 'CodeExport.4dbase' in the 'Components'
folder, but I don't have that folder in my database folder hierarchy.  Do I
just create it?
3.  Would you recommend adding the macro to launch the component at database
startup?  If this is not done how do you interact with the 'CodeExport'
component?  What is the advantage to having it start automatically vs. start on
use.
4.  The documentation talks about interacting with the 'CodeExport' component
via the 'macros' menu.  I don't see this in the client or the server UI menu
bars (macOS platform).  Is the macro menu being referred to the one in each
method editor window?

For the vc-framework: (method and forms export)
1.  I'm running v15R5 would either of these work for me?
2.  Has anyone used this?
3.  Does it work well?

From what I gather the process is going to be as follows:

Install component (may need to create directory)
Reboot server (maybe?)
If not installed in start up method open a method and invoke from macro method
Go to the directory created by the export and add the files to Subversion

Thanks for any help you can offer,Sandor Szatmari

Senior Software Developer
Bristol Capital Inc. - InfoPlus
201 746 7215
www.infoplusonline.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email (and any related attachments) contains
information from InfoPlus (a service of Bristol Capital, Inc.). It is intended
only for the addressee and may contain information that is confidential and/or
otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient or are acting as agent for the intended recipient, any use
or disclosure of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately to arrange for the
appropriate method of returning or disposing of the communication. If our
respective Companies have confidentiality provisions in effect, this email and
the materials contained herein are deemed CONFIDENTIAL and should be treated
accordingly unless expressly provided otherwise.