Hmmm Rudy, I would suggest that if the server (or any stored process)
needed to use a WP licence, even for a second, then you WOULD need to
reserver a licence for it. Otherwise you would easily run into a situation
where all available licences have been used by connected users, and then it
wouldn't have access to one ...

Pat

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 at 23:29, Two Way Communications bvba POP via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Hi Kirk,
>
> My guess is that, as long as the ‘Designer’ user belongs to a group that
> is linked to 4D Write plugin, the 4D Write PRO code will work in the stored
> method.
>
> It will temporarily use up 1 of the licenses available, but only for a
> short time.
>
> As such, you do not really need to ‘reserve’ a license.
>

> Regards,
>
> Rudy Mortier
> Two Way Communications bvba
>

> > On 12 Jan 2019, at 17:32, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Does 4D Server require a 4D Write Pro license for non-UI methods?
> >
> > Let's say I have a database with 10 4D Write Pro licenses. I may have
> more
> > than 10 users and understand how to check and manage licenses available
> for
> > users.
> >
> > My question is if I have to 'reserve' a license for the server to be able
> > to run methods that call a 4D Write Pro method? Specifically if called
> from
> > a stored method.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --