Kirk,
As I understand it - and no doubt somebody will correct me if I'm wrong :)
- a plugin licence is assigned to a user when they log in, and they keep
that licence until they log out. They are assigned in the order people log
in. So, say you have a 10-user system but you have only 4 WP licences. The
first 4 people to log in will get those WP licences. The next 6 people who
log in won't get one, unless one of the original 4 logs off, in which case
if one of the unlucky 6 needs the licence they would have to log out and
log back in again in order to grab the newly released licence.

So if you have 4 user licences and everybody needs access to WP and you
also have stored procedures running that require a licence, I reckon you
will need 5 WP licences.

Pat