John,
as I recall to do this (command symbol) you need to use the Font
Chicago, as it was only font that supported it. Chicago is a now
defunct font.
So... I do not think you can do this with a standard button and text.

You might be able to cobble something together with SVG (I would not
know), or use a combination of invisible/highlight buttons, text and
picture library.

My solution (not elegant) was:
Command/Cntrl - S
as button text, where 's' is whatever letter.

Chip

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 13:13:08 -0800, John J Foster via 4D_Tech wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to show a command symbol (and option of shift as well)
> as part of the Title in a button.
>
> For example if I have a button with a Title as “CmdT" I’d like to
> see the “symbolT” instead.
>
> So far copying and pasting the symbol from the Emoji & Symbol Editor
> does not work. I cannot find it in the Keyboard viewer. It converts
> them into “?”.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Appreciate,
> John…