Using v17r3, Mac:

I have a listbox that displays a selection of records from the [ListItems]
table, which are related to a record in the [Lists] table.
User can select an item in the list and click the Delete button to delete a
[ListItem] record. The code that runs:

*USE SET*("ListboxSet0")

*DELETE SELECTION*([ListItems])

*QUERY*([ListItems];[ListItems]ListNumber=[Lists]RecordNumber)

*ORDER BY*([ListItems];[ListItems]ItemText)

What happens is that after the ORDER BY line, the selection of [ListItems]
records changes. For example:

Click Delete button: there are 51 ListItems selected
*USE SET*("ListboxSet0") now one ListItem is selected

*DELETE SELECTION*([ListItems])      0 ListItems selected

*QUERY*([ListItems];[ListItems]ListNumber=[Lists]RecordNumber)     50
ListItems selected

*ORDER BY*([ListItems];[ListItems]ItemText)    Now there are 12 ListItems
selected!

The same thing occurs if a new record is added to ListItems.

Note that this running inside a transaction. If I insert

VALIDATE TRANSDACTION

after deleting or adding a record, it all works correctly. But I don't want
to validate the transaction at that point, and I don't understand why that
would be necessary.

Bug?

PB

CatBase - Top Dog in Data Publishing