Chuck,
If AddButton is on the subform you don't need CALL SUBFORM CONTAINER at
all. Just handle it there in your subform code:

OBJECT SET VISIBLE(*;"AddButton";Not(Read only state([table])))

I would put that in the form method code (i'm talking about the actual form
you use as the subform) so it ran for every form event.

It is possible to set individual objects and fields in a subform from the
parent form. In this case I don't see an advantage but you can do it.

1) get a pointer to the subform object: $ptr:=Object get pointer(Object
named;"AddButton";"subformName")

2) use EXECUTE METHOD IN SUBFORM to execute some code in the subform that
handles the button visibility.

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 5:02 AM Chuck Miller via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> The AddButton is on subform. So I am not sure what goes on. Should I be
> setting call subform container in the print form or the subform. Docs look
> like it should be in subform form method. Is this not the case and yes
> trace seems to not show anything anywhere
>
> --
Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

*We go vote - they go home*