Yes, I was not trying to imply that all plugins are thread safe, only that it
is possible to create one following the direction outlined in the SDK. It is
supported and there are significant speedup benefits if you can make it work.

I'm not aware any commercial 4D plugin that works in preemptive mode.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.