It is not possible. If you really need it, it would be a two step
process. Step one
Begin sql
 select primary_key form table
where (some criteria)
into :$primaryKeyArray
end sql

query with array([table]primary_key;$primaryKeyArray)
Don't know why you would do this except you could build sql where on the fly

BTW not creating a selection of records and not loading one is one of
the beautiful parts of sql as you do nto need to muck with the current
selection

Regards

Chuck

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 12:56 PM Randy Engle via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> For you SQL aficionados
>
> I know that I can get a "selection" of 4D records using QUERY BY SQL
>
> However as a point of curiosity and interest, is it reasonably easy/possible
> to get a selection of 4D records when using the other SQL commands
> e.g.
> Begin SQL-End SQL
> SQL EXECUTE
>
> Or, am I p...ing into the wind?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Randy Engle

 Chuck Miller Voice: (617) 739-0306 Fax: (617) 232-1064
 Informed Solutions, Inc.
       Providers of 4D, Sybase & SQL Server connectivity
          http://www.informed-solutions.com
This message and any attached documents contain information which may
be confidential, subject to privilege or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  These materials are intended only for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this
transmission, you are hereby notified that any distribution,
disclosure, printing, copying, storage, modification or the taking of
any action in reliance upon this transmission is strictly prohibited.
Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended
recipient shall not compromise or waive such confidentiality,
privilege or exemption from disclosure as to this communication.