Thanks, Tim and Bruno. You are both correct. This particular organization's server uses SSL3 and supports only TLS 1.0.

Given that the site in question belongs to one of the five largest museums in the world, I would rate my chances at getting them to re-deploy their server platform at my request are between zero and nil.

Thanks again.