Hi Robert,

Some years ago we set up a “Load Test” server where we could scale concurrent
user count and track certain metrics. The Load Test system would spawn Terminal
Server/Citrix sessions on a Windows Server and automatically launch 4D client
and start scripts of simulated user actions. It took a lot of effort to design
and build and it helped that we had an enterprise IT department to provide the
Terminal Server hardware and licenses. I think we ran it up to 350 concurrent
clients. We used it a lot to try to understand 4D Server “anomalies” but in the
end we never really came up with anything conclusive.

I also recall that Thibaud A., former 4D Evangelist, did something similar
using Amazon Cloud. I think he got up to 500+ concurrent clients.

I think you could do something similar at a smaller scale today with VMWare and
spin up a bunch of 4D clients pretty quickly.

HTH,

Tom Benedict