I have been copying lines similar to these and then pasting them into the
Terminal.  Not sure about the details of these steps, but the app installs and
runs.  The pkg file ends up in the Home folder.

// At the $ prompt (if the app is in the Documents folder)
xattr -cr "Documents/myApp.app"
codesign --force --deep -s "Mac Developer: My Name (mynumber)" -fvvvv
"Documents/myApp.app"
codesign -dvvv "Documents/myApp.app"

// Move the app to Applications then Build a signed package (before running the
app after signing it)
productbuild --component /Applications/myApp.app /Applications myApp.pkg --sign
"Developer ID Installer: My Name (mynumber)"

Keith - CDI