Good points. The primary disadvantage in my opinion is the loss of table and
field referencing because queries and other functions embed everything in
strings. Understanding or modifying a large code base (especially if you did
not write it) is going to be a lot harder with ORDA versus traditional 4D code.

My approach is to create wrappers that generate ORDA strings from the structure
references. A lot more work to set up, but hopefully it will pay off in the
long run. Another advantage of this approach is the work can be abstracted to
work with other databases, e.g. generate SQL instead of ORDA.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.