From: steve simpson via 4D_Tech
Sent: Friday, April 5, 2019 2:32 PM
To: 4d_tech@lists.4d.com
Cc: steve simpson
Subject: Re: Benchmark Speed Test Method

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 3:00 PM  Neal Schaefer wrote:

> [snip]
>
> * We're getting a new Windows 2016 server for our 4DServer, and before I
> migrate, I'd like to write a benchmark speed test to run before and after.
> I'd like to measure create, edit, delete records, processing, IO, file
> copying, and other relevant functions. We're also migrating from v16.6 to
> v17 later in the year, and I'd like to run it again before and after the
> upgrade. I'm wondering if anyone has a method they've written for this
> purpose that they might be willing to share?*

We'd be very interested in that too. And Neal, I hope you share your
results when finished.

Also, has anyone moved up to v17 web server yet application? (Not "web
area", but rather the full "web server application") Can you tell how it
compares to v15 please? Any issues one should be aware of?
Stephen Simpson
Cimarron Software