[JPR]

Hi Keith,

a) It seems that there is some fuzziness in the way Entity Selections and
Collections are understood. Let's try to make it more precise:

- An Entity selection doesn't 'contain' the Entities, it's a List of Entity
References (in this case, a reference is a 4D internal référence on the Record
which is referenced by the Entity)

- A Collection has to fit in memory, for each element is a memory object
contained (if scalar) or referenced (if not scalar) by the corresponding
Collection Element.

During the WT2019, I've demonstrated (1st day), and explained (2nd day) that
you can mix these notions into Collections of entity references (for instance).

b) The best way to Highlight elements in a ListBox is LISTBOX SELECT
ROW(*;"listBox";0;lk add to selection)! If it crashes 4D when the listbox
contains a large number of lines, it's a bug.

c) If the listbox contains a large number of lines, I wonder why it would be
necessary to highlight all, for highlighting is just for UI...(But this is just
a remark ;-)

Anyway, from the feedback I got from the East part of the WT in US, it seems
that you may find an interest to come to one of the next events, and get some
more information about how it works, and why it works like this, and how to
choose the best technique without playing Blind Man's Bluff with ORDA. We are
here (the Team and myself) to share all the experience we acquired by exploring
and opening up the different paths.

Anyway, the first day is for free, you will see many technical demos, and a
glance on the future, on the evolution of 4D and what's coming next, you will
get a lot of demos and source code, and also lunch and coffee!

And if you find it interesting enough,if you think that you still have
something useful to learn, if you feel that you are not yet at the top of your
capabilities, you can then register for the second day, where we dive deeply
into the code and techniques. We will try to answer your questions, we will do
our best to illuminate the road of men who have become lost in their code, and
(like it did for most of the previous attendees), it will save you a precious
and valuable time when you'll be back home.

I hope to meet you in Austin, Seattle, or San José!

My very best,

JPR