Tom,
don't copy/paste
drag n drop

- open 2 copies of 4D with what ever systems you want
- display the explorer in both
- adjust the windows so you can see the column (list of methods/forms
whatever) in the destination.
- drag from the source to destination.
  -- release when the cursor is a green +

example
source  -- moving 5 methods
- select the 5 methods
- click and hold any of the selected ones, drag
- drag to explorer window in destination
- drop

depending on your setting you may see a dialog to click through
regarding what to do with duplicated resources (style sheets, methods
etc)

Chip

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 15:05:00 -0700, Tom Benedict via 4D_Tech wrote:
> After 25 years of using 4D on Windows I have started using 4D on Mac.
> I am rather surprised at how many useful productivity features in
> Windows are extremely hard to accomplish on MacOS. I suspect it’s
> mostly a newbie thing.
>
> Right now I’m trying to copy/paste a lot of code edit from one 4D
> structure to another. I have read that it is possible to set up ‘
> split screen’ views of applications on MacOS, which would make it a
> lot easier to keep track of my changes. To assign and application to
> a split portion of a screen you’re supposed to click-hold on the “
> full screen” (green) button in any window’s titlebar, then drag the
> resulting small window image to the side of the screen you want the
> app to be limited to. That works for non-4D apps, but click-hold on
> the “full screen” button on a 4D window doesn’t appear to do
> anything on a 4D window (no small windows image appears). I’ve tried
> this with 4D v15 and v16.
>
> Am I missing something? If not, how do others work with two 4D
> structures on MacOS?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom Benedict

Gas is for washing parts