I would imagine you'd need to write a wrapper DOM function that concatenates
Int(), ".", Dec().

xml itself allows scientific notation but not if you filter it with a schema.

you might also want to take care of INF (which is never allowed in xml)

B.T.W.

I confirm the e-05 threshold with the xml format in 4D

$num:=String(0.000000000000001)  //0.000000000000001
$num:=String(0.00001;"&xml")  //1E-05

so maybe you could use the classic ####0.000000 type of format if the precision
is limited.
(need to check the compatibility setting re: placeholders in formats)