browsing their web site,
perhaps you could start by trying their Active X example inside a 32-bit 4D Web
Area (system, not WebKit),
then 64-bit Web Area (again, system, not CEF), and see what happens.

https://www.topazsystems.com/sigplusproactivex.html

---

if using Active X inside a Web Area is not an option,
I guess you should skip OCX in C++ and go directly to their C library.

https://www.topazsystems.com/sigpluslibrary.html

---

alternatively the PHP example might fit the bill

https://www.topazsystems.com/web.html

notice COM is among "Modules only available under Windows"

https://doc.4d.com/4Dv17/4D/17.2/PHP-modules-support.300-4386501.en.html

I bought a Topaz T-S460 signature capture device to capture signatures with 4D.

https://sigpluspro.com<https://sigpluspro.com/>

Do you have successful experience with such a device and 4D?