Paul,

Your answer is very helpful!

Thanks!!

David Ringsmuth

From: Paul Dennis via 4D_Tech
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 2:11 AM
To: 4d_tech@lists.4d.com
Cc: Paul Dennis
Subject: Re: word press on WS2008 [off]

Been down that road. I have tried running php  based sites ie Joomla! and
WordPress on Windows using IIS. They are very slow compared to a Linux.
WS2008 supports Hyper V so I would run a linux virtual machine on the server
hyper V with WordPress and run the 4D server on the host. You can create a
virtual NIC to allow the 2 to communicate.

Rather than us an iframe I proxy the requests to redirect between the two
servers. It is transparent to the user and I use the myconnect plugin to
connect to the mysql database from 4D. Allow single logon and so on.

see https://www.youdohome.com/ the main site is joomla and the quote page is
served by 4D. Setup is as above where joomla is running under hyperv on a
windows 2012 host.

Regards
Paul

--