John,
I have been using Bruno's AWS component for a few years myself. I'm going
to be moving away from using the component soon. Not because of a problem
with it but because I'm changing the way files are put into AWS. I'm
looking at a service for managing file transfers called Transloadit
<https://transloadit.com/>. They have 'robots' pre-configured to transfer
files to Azure, AWS, Dropbox, Instagram and others. And it's really easy.
It's not free but it looks pretty good so far.

What I particularly like is being able to defined a URL to receive a
notification for each file. I set up an API to receive these and update the
database with the specifics.

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 3:33 PM JOHN BAUGHMAN via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> I have a deployed database that is currently using AWS. We have 200gb of
> PDFs stored on the same machine as 4D server. A Xojo Web App displays the
> available PDFs, when the end user requests one of the PDFs Xojo sends the
> request to 4D and 4D returns the PDF.
>
> At the present time we are using AWS to handle large files that stall our
> the Xojo web app, by uploading the file to AWS and sending an email link to
> the file to the requesting user. This all works great.
>
> Now the client wants to move the PDF archive to the cloud and have 4D
> serve them all from the ASW cloud. I do not see that should be any problem
> using Bruce Legay’s excellent AWS Component.
>
> Now the client suddenly has expressed a desire to use Microsoft Azure
> instead of AWS. So my question to you all are…
>
>         1. Is anyone out there using Azure for data storage and retrieval?
> If so any suggestions on where to look for help ie. Component or plug in. I
> don’t see anything in the knowledge base.
>
>         2. Any thoughts on the pros and cons between using Azure or AWS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>

> John Baughman
> Kailua, Hawaii
> (808) 262-0328
> john...@hawaii.rr.com

Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

What can be said, can be said clearly,
and what you can’t say, you should shut up about

*Wittgenstein and the Computer *