A belated thank you, Miyako, for the clarification. I didn't think that was
enough text to have filled up 2 GB, but I didn't know how to calculate its size.

I still have a question.
The write-up for PROCESS HTML TAGS contains the warning, "It is now highly
inadvisable to store texts in BLOBs".

I don't use the command "PROCESS HTML TAGS" but I have used BLOB variables in
several other places throughout my website. These don't contain any
troublemaker characters and they are working well.

Do I need to convert them to text variables?

Thank you!
Janie

>2019/08/10 2:35, webmaster namethatplant.net<http://namethatplant.net> via
>4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com<mailto:4d_tech@lists.4d.com>>ÇÃ ÉÅÅ[Éã:
>
>I didn't see that important detail mentioned anywhere but in reference to that
>one command, but, since text variables can now hold up to 2 GB, I tried
>substituting a text variable.
>Doing that did clear up the multiplication sign issue, but now the data was
>truncated. Only about 3000 line items were displayed.
>Would 4000 line items be enough to overflow 2 GB? (Each line item contains
>only around 300 characters.)

no.

if each line contains 300 characters, and there are about 3,000 lines, you'd
have 900,000 characters.
2GB is 2*1024*1024*1024 bytes. a unicode code point in UTF-8 is 1 to 6 bytes in
theory,
although 5 and 6 byte characters are not defined yet. so you have plenty of
room.

that said, BLOB to text conversion (4D legacy encoding a.k.a. MacRoman to
Unicode) is limited to 32,000 bytes, for backward compatibility.

https://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16.6/BLOB-to-text.301-4445240.en.html
in other words, C_TEXT can hold up to a quarter billion bytes but the
conversion from BLOB to text stops at 32k bytes. ...