Thanks Narinder.

Doesn’t this imply we need to change our entire style and approach to coding ?
Language data structures, forms, the lot ?

Have you found you needed to do this ? (At least in terms of new code and
optimal approaches).

Having attended the last couple of summits and various classes etc I’ve been
aware of this looming in the background but the dot notation really is the
breakthrough for me that warrants taking the leap across the “discontinuity
gap” from old to new. It reminds me of working in Visual Basic years ago which
used all this object oriented approach. 4D even lets you create a kind of
“active object” now with “New Formula”.

Doesn’t this mean a complete revision of how we code form the ground up ?
Finding new “best practice” approaches to absolutely everything ? (As we even
have “collections” now so even the most fundamental aspect of 4D - current
selections - is out of the window).

I might need to take a month off and read the whole manual again for the first
time since 1988 !

Peter