without an additional component/plugin

I would write a routine to extract the object, then no matter how deep
or how your current configuration changes you can extract it.

I have only thought about this for a few moments but...
something like:
Get_object(Source_Object;Property) -> object

Get object properties with types

if the object/property desired is not at the first level
  for every object
    Get_Object(ob get(Source_Object;Next_Object);Property)

else
  $0:=ob Get(Source_Object;Property)
end if

Chip
On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 13:58:10 -0700, Tom Benedict via 4D_Tech wrote:
> I’m new to objects. I have an object which holds a range of keys and
> values. Some of the values are objects. I figured I could just use
> the OB Get command with dot notation to reference a key in a nested
> object, but that doesn’t seem to be supported.
>
> Here’s my example:
>
> C_OBJECT(myObject)
>
> myObject :=
> "{
>   "id": "evt_1FXWZKGX5QBs0BzAQsOMqk3f",
>   "object": "event",
>   "created": 1572024442,
>   "data": {
>     "object": {
>       "object": "charge",
>       "amount": 4275,
>       "billing_details": {
>         "address": {
>           "city": "Burien",
>           "postal_code": "98166",
>           "state": "WA"
>         },
>         "name": "Willy Wonka",
>       },
>   "type": "charge.succeeded"
> }"
>
> If I want to get the value of:
>
> myObject.data.object.billing_details.address.postal_code
>
> I have to use:
>
> OB Get(OB Get(OB Get(myObject;"data");"object");”billing_details");”
> address");”postal_code”)
>
> rather than:
>
> OB Get(myObject;data.object.billing_details.address.postal_code)
>
> I see that Cannon created a dot notation component some years ago. Is
> that the only ‘easy’ way to do this or have I missed something?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom Benedict

We have done so much, with so little, for so long;
We are now qualified to anything with nothing <sigh>
  - unknown